My Healthy Valentine: Gift & Date Ideas (That Won't Break the Bank)
Your team at LIFEAID Beverage Co. has put together a list of their absolute favorite gift and date ideas to help you make this your healthiest and happiest Valentine's Day yet!
Most of them cost little to nothing, but their worth is priceless. Here are some suggestions for making this Valentine's Day an unforgettable one:
1. Get outdoors.Whether you end up strolling along the beach or going on a day hike to a favorite spot, taking an adventure with someone you love is sure to spark joy. It's romantic and (bonus!) it's free. Go soak up some fresh air and work up an appetite, while basking in the bliss of endorphins as a result of spending time in nature with the company of your partner, family or friends.
2. Throw down.You may not consider yourself the "artsy" type, but we guarantee your loved one will treasure anything you make (whether it's hand-thrown or glazed pottery, a necklace, etc.). Why not surprise them by taking a local class at a nearby pottery/bead studio? The staff will help you, so — regardless of your skill level — the end result is sure to be both unique and special.
3. Hang with friends.Who says Valentine's Day is just for lovers? We think it's the perfect excuse for dinner with friends, an afternoon spent downtown, or building a pillow fort and enjoying game night or a good movie at home with the gang. Whatever the activity, being with the ones you love is all that matters — enjoy their company & do something fun with your favorite humans.
4. Build-your-own bouquet.This year, skip the store-bought (often over-priced) bouquets. Instead, visit a local farmer's market or flower shop and pick out your own arrangement of just a few fresh flowers specifically for him or her. It'll feel way more personal (plus, you'll probably save yourself some serious cash, too) Bonus: Add a thoughtful handwritten note and you'll have them swooning in no time!
5. Get physical.
Hugging for 20 seconds is known to increase levels of the "love hormone" oxytocin (nature's anti-depressant) in the body! Physical touch (including holding hands) also helps you stay healthy by reducing cortisol levels, lowering blood pressure & heart rate, and reducing stress. Plus, it's just a great way to stay warm on these cold winter days.
6. Be crafty.
Glue sticks and crayons are not reserved solely for school children. A little bit of time and a few simple craft supplies can go a long way when it comes to showing a loved one you care. We're a fan of making our own valentine cards. Handwritten notes are priceless, and all you need is some colorful craft paper and pens.
Your loved one(s) will treasure the time you spent making something just for them.
7. Heat things up.Before your mind wanders to the bedroom ... Consider heating things up in the kitchen by cooking a meal together. Fact: Daily life is hectic. Slow down, put on your favorite record, pour some wine (or your drink of choice), and take your time really enjoying the process of cooking a meal together from scratch. Note: We know this may require some helping hands if you have little ones.
So plan ahead and get a babysitter, or — if they're old enough — let the kids join in the fun, and make an evening of it for the whole family!
8. Buy flours (instead of flowers).If your loved one has a sweet tooth, head to the kitchen and bake them their favorite treat or try a new recipe. Tip: Use valentine-themed cookie cutters, pink & red frosting or a ribbon to sweetly finish it off. Adding a special note will, of course, be the "icing on the cake."
9. Pick up the phone.Many of us may not be able to be with loved ones this Valentine's Day, so set aside some time to pick up the phone or send a special note to someone you love. Don't forget about the relatives in your life who may be feeling especially lonely — simply hearing from you would be the best gift of all.
10. Share the LIFEAID love.LIFEAID Daily Blend, great for helping to reduce inflammation from everyday stress and thrive in life.
O U R S P E C I A L G I F T J U S T F O R Y O U : This Valentine's Day, enjoy 20% OFF all cases of LIFEAID Daily Blend! Offer valid for 24 hours only — shop this Thursday (Feb. 14) to save some dough for your valentine! (Discount taken at checkout.)