Cool, Eco-Friendly Products That’ll Heat Up Your Summer
Summer vacation may look a whole lot different for many of us this year—with beaches closing and tourist destinations no longer receiving visitors—but that doesn’t mean that we can’t still make the most of this season. Whether you’re redecorating your meditation room or paddleboarding out on the lake, check out these cool, unique products that’ll help heat up your summer!
While many of us are spending our quarantine time redecorating and decluttering our space, the purchasing of homemade products has made a huge resurgence lately. From websites such as Etsy, Uncommon Goods and UK-based website Folksy, to Bali-based co-ops, you’ll be sure to find some useful items you’ll love. Artisans post anything from shibori dyed beach towels to custom pet-themed plant pots for sale on these creative websites. Discover a unique conversation piece to add to your space!
- Wangi Asri Balinese Women's Co-Op: Wangi meaning aroma and Asri meaning beautiful, the women of the Wangi Asri Co-Op in Bali are whipping up essential oil carry bags from vintage, batiked Balinese sarongs. Each one is unique! So next time you’re on the go, be sure to bring along your favorite essential oils in your one-of-a-kind patchwork bag! Not only are you helping these women earn an income but you’re also supporting the hearty artisan culture of Ubud, Bali. Check them out at @wangi_asri on Instagram.
- Aya Textile Craftworks: Based out of Tel Aviv, Israel, Aya Textile is bringing creative shibori tote bags and blankets to the artisan fueled website, Etsy. Each one is a unique, indigo creation that will have your workspace or meditation room filled with good energy. Find them on Instagram at @ayeletiontef.
- Simply AC-Handcrafted Skin & Mind Care: Specializing in handmade skincare goods with simple ingredients, Simply AC strives to create beautiful, natural bath salts, face masks and body scrubs to help you pamper yourself. Check out their Instagram worthy geode bath bombs to up your #selfcaresunday game. Head on over to @shopsimplyac for your next skincare haul.
Wearable Summer Trends
The days are getting longer and the temperature is rising which means it’s time to get outside! First, check your local CDC recommendations on whether you’re able to safely enjoy some fun outdoor time before you venture out. If you’re permitted some time outside, we’ve found some products that are able to handle kayaking down the river or getting in some surf. These trending summer products are down for the ride!
- Freestyle Shark Leash Watches: This original watersports watch exudes some serious So-Cal vibes. With tons of different, bright colors, you’ll be sure to find one to match your swimsuit. Not only do they have analog watches but they also have clips for your Apple Watch if you’d prefer a more tech look. Loved by beach bums worldwide, you’ll definitely be ready for the waves! Find them at @freestylewatches on Instagram.
- Faherty Brand: Eco-conscious and family owned, this brand creates cozy clothes with the beach in mind. From their go-anywhere, water resistant 'All-Day Hat' to their board shorts made of recycled bottles, you’ll be glad you picked up a Faherty original. Check them out at @fahertybrand on Instagram.
- Wolfgang Man & Beast: Don’t think we forgot about your furry best friend! American-made leashes, collars and outdoor gear will have you and your four-legged pal ready for adventure. Wolfgang has loads of unique patterns to choose from. Check out the Huntington Sock as well as the foldable Field Dog Bowl and get ready for your next mountain trek! You can find them at @wolfgangmanandbeast.
Products to Splurge On
Sometimes it’s nice to purchase an investment piece to add to your lifetime collection. While expensive on the front end, these products should last for some time and save you from having to repurchase the same product over and over. So whether you’re sitting by your backyard pool or traversing some serious peaks, check out these timeless outdoors inspired products.
- YETI Tundra Haul: Introducing some wheels and a welded handle into the equation, the YETI Tundra has been updated into a handy, easy to haul version. Coming in at $400 at it’s retail value, this cooler is truly an investment piece. You’ll not likely be replacing it anytime soon, so throw in some cans of FitAid and get going! Indulge yourself and head over to @yeti.
- Pendleton Woolen Mills Spa Towel: Since 1863, this stalwart of woolen goods has found itself representing Portland, Oregon, with it’s National Parks themed patterns and nods to Native American designs and legends. Pick up the super-cozy Pendleton Spa Towel for your next trip to the lake and you’ll be glad you invested! Hop on over to @pendletonwm to find an array of beautiful wool products.
- High Society Freerider Paddleboards: Based in Aspen, Colorado, High Society can help you gear up for your next paddleboarding adventure. These inflatable, easy to transport paddleboards boast the ability to hold coolers as well as your favorite pup! Coming in at just over $1,000, you may be able to snag their buy-one-get-one-free deal if you hurry over to @highsocietyfreeride.
C O N C L U S I O N
Getting creative with our summer plans is going to be a must this year, with many traditional modes of recreation canceled or postponed. Hopefully you’ll find something fun, creative and useful in our carefully curated product list to help jumpstart your summer adventures! Please stay safe and be kind out there, everyone.
All images are the property of respective brand, all rights reserved.
About the Author:
Georgia native Tiffany Ammerman is the thru-hiker and CrossFitter behind the travel blog The Goodish Traveler. She spends the majority of her time traveling, eating sushi and searching for hiking trails. When she's not blogging, Ammerman can be found training at CrossFit LaGrange and teaching art to kids.
> > > Stay well.