Santa Cruz Fire Aid Helps Raise Awareness, Funds and Supplies for Locals Devastated by Wildfires
LIFEAID has proudly been a Santa Cruz company since 2011, and is completely devastated for our local community as a result of the destruction caused by the ongoing CZU August Lightning Complex wildfires, which have now spread to more than 77,000 acres, with only 13% containment (updated as of Aug. 24). Many of the LIFEAID team's own families and loved ones have been evacuated and/or had homes destroyed by the flames.
Heartbroken, the LIFEAID team has created the Santa Cruz Fire Aid to collect and distribute supplies, funds, and resources for the immediate needs of those in their local community who have been affected by or are still battling the SC wildfires.
You can make a monetary donation to the Santa Cruz Fire Aid at GoFundMe.org
100% of funds & supplies collected will be distributed directly to those in need: Local firefighters, displaced families & wildlife rescue efforts. (Supply list included below with mailing instructions.)
WANT TO DONATE SUPPLIES?
Evacuation centers in the area are also in desperate need of the following items:
- New clothing, the basics (assorted sizes)
- Underwear & socks (new, in package)
- Toiletries (sample-size)
- Lip balm
- Hand sanitizer & face masks
- Pillows & bedding (sleeping bags/sleeping pads)
- Clean towels
- Plastic tarps
- Family-size tents
- Large plastic storage bins
- Backpacks or luggage
- Pet carriers
- AA batteries
- Reusable water bottles
- Empty spray bottles
- Children's games, books & coloring books
- Canned goods, snack-size & non-perishable food items
- Ground coffee
- Granola/energy bars
LIFEAID team members are driving all donated supplies directly to multiple locations throughout the city, to help triage the emergency supply item needs as they are requested. (Over a dozen LIFEAID team members have volunteered to help assist with donated supply drop-offs locally.)
DONATION STATUS UPDATE (as of Thursday, Aug. 27):
• Thanks to all of your generous donations of goods, the Santa Cruz Fire Aid has currently completed over 52 drop-offs of supplies & essentials to areas in and surrounding Santa Cruz (including fire & police stations, evacuation centers and animal shelters/rescues).
• More than 10,000 cans of FITAID has been dropped off for firefighters and evacuees at locations all over Santa Cruz County.
• This amazing community has raised over $12,000 so far (which goes directly to evacuee support & wildfire relief efforts).
• A special THANK YOU to all of the brands who have generously donated additional dry goods, water, essentials & much-needed supplies to be distributed, including: Caffeine & Kilos, Chomps, CrossFit One World, Fantasy Cookie, Flow Water, Olipop, Pamela's Cookies, Rolo Roast, Tosi, and Zola
LIFEAID team members are driving all donated supplies directly to multiple locations throughout the city, to help triage the emergency supply item needs as they are requested.
Monetary donations will be directed (but not limited) to:
FURTHER INQUIRIES ABOUT HOW TO HELP?
Please contact our LIFEAID team via email at: email@example.com
ABOUT THE SANTA CRUZ FIRE:
Wildfires which broke out in San Mateo County & the Santa Cruz mountain area after a record-breaking number of lightning strikes this past Monday (Aug. 17, 2020) have now more than tripled in size, spreading to over 77,000 acres. The fires are only 13% contained (updated as of Monday, Aug. 24).
More than 200 structures have already been destroyed by the CZU August Lightning Complex Fire, while over 25,000 structures are still at risk. That number only continues to rise as San Mateo & Santa Cruz County residents are experiencing ongoing widespread mandatory evacuation notices.
The entire LIFEAID team's hearts and thoughts go out to those affected by the wildfires. We are hopeful for everyone's continued safety and that the Santa Cruz Fire Aid will help support the needs of those who have been relocated, evacuated, or are fighting diligently to save our loved ones, homes and land.
> > > Stay safe, everyone.