5 Essential Active Recovery Tricks
What is active recovery?
Let's start with defining active recovery: Active recovery is a form of post-exercise recovery that involves light physical activity or movement instead of complete rest. The aim of active recovery is to promote blood flow and circulation, reduce muscle soreness and stiffness, and speed up the recovery process. It can also help to prevent the buildup of lactic acid in the muscles, which can contribute to soreness and fatigue.
Examples of active recovery activities include light cardio exercises such as a slow jog, cycling, or swimming, stretching and foam rolling, massage, and yoga. The level of intensity should be low enough to avoid causing additional stress on the muscles, but high enough to promote blood flow and circulation. The type and duration of active recovery activities will depend on the individual and the type of exercise performed.
We voted at the office and here are #TeamFITAID's top 5!
- Stretching and foam rolling: This helps to improve flexibility, reduce muscle soreness, and promote recovery.
- Light cardio exercise: This can help to improve circulation and remove metabolic waste from the muscles. Examples include a slow jog, cycling, or an easy swim.
- Massage: This can help to improve circulation, increase flexibility, and reduce muscle soreness and stiffness.
- Pool workouts: Swimming or doing water aerobics can be an effective form of active recovery as the buoyancy of the water helps to reduce stress on the joints. Even just floating will count towards your workout in our books ?
- FITAID: It contains a blend of recovery-power-packing ingredients including vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and antioxidants that are intended to help support recovery after exercise. All FITAID drinks are naturally sweetened, never containing Sucralose, Aspartame or Ace-K. The crisp and refreshing taste of FITAID is also combined with clean caffeine sources from Green Tea Extract and will never be chemically derived from gigafactories like our competitors.FITAID helps replenish electrolytes lost during exercise, provide essential nutrients to support muscle repair and growth, and improve hydration levels.