Recovery Meal | Easy Stuffed Peppers
Originally posted by: https://www.joyfulhealthyeats.com/easy-one-pot-quinoa-stuffed-pepper-recipe/
What's for dinner? How about...
Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 14 oz. diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry basil
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- High a large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add avocado oil to the pan along with onions. Saute until translucent, about 2-3 minutes then add garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Next, add ground beef to the pan, breaking up with wooden spoon. Cook until no longer pink, approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Then add in green pepper, red pepper, tomato paste, quinoa, fire roasted tomato, beef broth, water, dry basil, dry oregano, fennel seeds, salt and pepper. Stir everything together.
- Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once quinoa is cooked through top with 1 cup of shredded cheese and cover. Cook an additional 2 minutes until cheese is melted. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Pair with an ICE-COLD Fitaid & voila!